WWC River Jam 10k – May Edition



Warmer days are here again so that must mean one thing. The WWC Thursday night River Jam races are back on again.

Last night was like a reunion. So many faces that I hadn’t seen since last September. I shook a lot hands, and I caught up on what has been going on with everyone.

So let’s get down to the details.

They moved the race start/finish back a short distance but otherwise, the course was pretty much the same.

The overcast cloud hinted of rain but the course was pretty much dry. I had no issues running in my racing flats.

Everyone seemed to be going out hard, and I felt that I was struggling to keep up. I hit the trails right behind Andrew, and I had another guy on my “six”. We worked those first couple of miles with each one of us taking a turn towing the others along.  

Over by the WeighStation trail, they both got in front of me. I was doing my best to main contact. We turned on to the Lake Loop. I could feel the pace increasing. However, my legs were not handling it well. By the time, we hit the back side of the Lake Loop, Andrew and the other guys started to gap me. With the growth along the trail, they were soon out of sight. It wasn’t so much that I was slowing down as they were running faster.

By the time we exited the trail and headed to the finish, they were well ahead of me.
I ran 46:34 which was about a minute slower than last year. I don’t know where that I finished. They didn’t post the results on the monitors, and the results have not been posted on their website. Hopefully, they will do it soon.

Being that I was over a minute off of my time from last year means I have 4 weeks to get a little better i.e. a little faster.

We shall see.

Don’t forget that the River Jam races are the 2nd Thursday for the next 4 months. If you are looking for a little running, a little music, and a little food, the WWC is the place to be.

Tails from the Trail,

The Cool Down Runner

* Updated. WWC Race team posted the results. I finished 8 overall and 1st in the 50-54 age group. 

               

Comments

Popular Posts