Black Diamond Head Lamps


A few weeks ago, I was admiring the new Black Diamond Head Lamps at REI. I especially took note of the extra 75 Lumens that these new lamps had over my two existing Black Diamond head lamps. I made a mental to pick one up soon.

Later this year, I have several night trail races on my calendar. My two head lamps have served me well in the past, but there is no such thing as having too much light during a night trail race.

Today, I was back in REI for something else, and I circled by the Black Diamond lamps to admire them a bit more. The first thing I noticed when I walked up to their display, they were having a 25% off on these head lamps.

I couldn’t resist and it fell right in my price point.

When I got home, I tried it. I don’t remember the weight of my existing lamps, but this new one is definitely a bit heavier. I suspect most of it is from the extra AAA battery. My older lamps use 3 while this new one uses 4 batteries.

Next step, I want to do a test run with it. Nothing long but just enough of a run to get a sense of how this new lamp sets on my head while running.    

Look for me to share an update on my experience.

Tails from the Trail

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts