Summer Track – WK #1


The on again, off again, on again Myers Park HS Summer track series was back on, and the first meet was held last night.

With all the indecision surrounding whether this series was even going to occur this year likely had an impact on the turnout last night.

Summer Track Series at Myers Park High School has been a long standing tradition with years of blood, tears, and a lot of sweat poured in to that track. Not to mention, Tim and Tom have put in a great deal of time and effort in to making sure that it continues. I know of times when they struggled against all odds to keep it afloat.

I am a big supporting of this series for several reasons. One, I ran this series for many years, and always enjoyed those 5 nights in May and June. Two, Summer Track has been, is, and should always be part of the Charlotte Running culture. It needs to remain so. Three, two things are needed to make it continue. One is runners so circulate the news. Tuesday night’s at Myers Park at 6 pm is the place to be. Second, one can never have enough volunteers. I would love to be charging off down the backstretch, but I find it equally important to help make sure others have this same opportunity. This is why; you will see me out there each week helping. Tom and Tom take the lead so if I can do some small part to help them and give them a reason to keep putting this event on, I want to do.

See you at the Myers Park HS Track next Tuesday 6 pm

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts