Where do I put my car keys?

Saturday, I was cruising during the race when for some unknown reason, I reached out down to where I kept my car key in my shorts. I squeezed my shorts, and I sudden feeling of panic rocked through my brain. I did not feel my key.  That’s bad feeling, but when running, I think it is 100 times worse. Finding a lost key on a trail has got be next to impossible. May be it was that intuition feeling that saved me. I felt round my shorts and then realized that string hold my key had come loose. It had then slide further down. If not for checking for it, I would have likely lost it somewhere over the course.
I never had this happen before. Usually, I have shorts which have a nice pocket that keeps my key safe.

But this started me thinking, I wonder where others keep their keys. I have seen other runners put their keys inside the gas lid, on top of their tires, behind their tires, or under the bummer. I always thought this was kind of dumb thing to do because it is easy place to look. Worse, is the fact that they put it on their tire or under their bumper right in front of me. I don’t see this as a good way to keep it a secret.

Where do you keep your key while racing?

Tails from the trails

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts