The need for speed


As a runner and perhaps more as racer, we all have a quest for speed. Go faster. Make our legs turn over faster. Pump our arms more to force our legs to turn over faster.

This morning, I was making my own endeavor to push my legs to turn over a bit faster. I will be the first to admit; I am fighting an uphill battle. Getting older means my legs no longer respond to the training as well. I have been compensating for this by running more hill repeats for my interval training which is were a bit of irony comes into play. I am getting older, I am slowing down, I am using intervals to slow the progress which is an uphill battle, yet, I am using hill repeats to do it. 

Doesn’t it just sound like there is some irony in there somewhere.

Irony aside, I was happy to see my intervals were my best set so far. May be my legs are totally dead yet.

Stories from the trail,

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts