Griffin


After finishing the 10 mile race yesterday, I slipped in to run with the leaders of the 50K race. I needed 20 miles for the day so adding another lap and having company along the way made a lot sense.

The first guy wasn't a talker. After a few questions and not receiving a response, I gave up. I guess he was totally focused on race and wasn't up for some idle chit chat to pass the time.

Then, I slipped back and started up a conversation with Griffin. Griffin was the total opposite. He was from Charlottesville, Va. We got into a conversation about his racing, shoes, the course, and few other topics. He was legit ultra runner. He had done numerous races including some 100 milers. He did some “Hell” Series where they do a bunch of 50k races in the spring with some 50 and 100 milers in the fall. It sounded extremely hard. When he completed the series for 10 consecutive years, they gave a huge Griffin. I thought that this was a pretty cool thing to do to recognize his achievement.

I think that he was a little disappointed that I was going around for another lap. In deed, the miles seem to fly by while we chatted. We were back at the start/finish line before I even gave much thought to it.

Another adventure from the tails.

The Cool Down Runner


Comments

Popular Posts