The Bike

Last summer, I rode my mountain bike exactly once for the entire summer, and this was my only time on a bike. Yesterday, the weather was so inviting that I pulled down my road bike, pumped up the tires, and headed out for ride. The feeling of the wind in my face brought back memories of summers past where I was riding regularly.  

Maybe I am feeling a bit nostalgic but I missed those days of tearing down the road at 20+ miles per hour in pack of 30 guys.

The toughest part is explaining how this can be both tough nails to do and yet so much fun that I want to turn around and do it all over again.

But “fun” is an often over used word. Perhaps “satisfaction” is a better word to use in this situation. The sense of satisfaction in knowing that you have accomplished a difficult task lures you back again and again.   

Where do you find your sense of satisfaction?

 

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts