Hoka Clayton

My friends at the Charlotte Running Company hooked me with Hoka’s newest marathon racing flat

– the Clayton.

For a while now, Hoka Running Shoes have been high on my recommendation list as the “go to” shoe. The Hoka Clifton has carried me through my last 4 marathons: 2:51, 2:46, 2:50, and 2:55. My body takes a huge beating over 26.2 miles. Having the right combination of a light weight running shoe yet one which provides cushioning and support to help preserve my legs for the final 10k is very important.

Now, Hoka has stepped up their game with the Clayton. Weighing in at roughly 7 oz I was very impressed when I did a side by side comparison with my Cliftons.

Sunday at Wrightsville Beach Marathon my Clayton got their first field test. I did little more than wear them around for a bit on Saturday just to get the feel. Then, put them on for my race on Sunday morning. Within a couple miles, my feet seemed to form right into the shoe. From then on, I forgot all about them which is exactly what you want when you are running marathon. Having shoes issues or hot spots make for a long marathon day.   

My legs felt good enough that I closed mile 26 in 6:32. This was only a few seconds off my fastest mile of the entire race.    

Based on my Wrightsville Beach Marathon experience, the Clayton racing flats will be my marathon shoe for the foreseeable future.

Buy a pair or better yet check out one of the Hoka shoe demo days. You might find that you will be a “convert” like me.

 

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts