I like nothing better than to push beyond the boundaries of my normal run courses.
Nothing exemplified this better than my long run yesterday.
To get a sense of my route, here are the turns on it:
· Out my door and by Northlake Mall
· Left on Harris Blvd to Mt. Holly/Huntersville Rd.
· Left on Mt. Holly/Huntersville Rd to Beatties Ford Rd
· Left on Beatties Ford to Trade
· Left on Trade into the Uptown.
· Left at Tryon
· Followed a side street back to Graham
· Right on Graham – under Brookeshire
· Left on Statesville to Harris Blvd
· Left on Harris Blvd back to my house.
According to my 620, this was a 23 mile run which I covered in just over 2 hours and 55 minutes – solo effort.
There were a few places where I had to stop for the traffic lights but overall, it wasn’t bad at all.
When a long run is on your schedule, take the opportunity to go exploring. You might find that the run goes better that you expected.
The Cool Down Runner