Hamstring Treatments


Well, a couple of weeks have passed. My hamstring still hurts, and I am painfully reminded of my problems every time that I sit down. In fact, I found that I really like standing up these days.

Moving on, one thing about having a running log and also a blog, I have tons of notes to read and reread about old injuries.  In particular, I have been reading about my previous hamstring injury. What I read wasn’t pretty. 6 months passed and I was still hurting. In fact, I thought it took every bit of 12 to 18 months before my running felt “normal” again. I will admit that I didn’t handle it wall. My denial stage lasted far longer and I put off seeking help with it.

This time around, I am letting wisdom and experience hopefully guide me in the right direction. That being said, I have been visiting my buddies at Performance Rehab Associates.  

In the past two weeks my rehab has included two acupuncture treatments and a session with the cold laser.

These were my first treatments ever using acupuncture and the cold laser. The story has yet to be written if they are helping, but when something hurts, I am open to exploring new options. Even if it does mean having a needle stuck in my hamstring.

For those that might have worried about running streak coming to an end. You can put your fears to rest. I have hobbled through some pretty slow runs but I did them.

It is remarkable how much pain that we are willing to endure for something that is important to us.

 

Dreaming of running pain free again,

The Cool Down Runner

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts