Weekly tempo

Okay, so this training cycle I decided to limit my stressor workouts to one long tempo run and one long run. Yesterday just happened to be my long tempo day.

 I hit the first mile in 7:30 and was feeling every bit of it. My body just seems to take forever to get loose. Mile 2 was 6:59. From there, I never ran another mile slower than 6:52 for the next 12 miles. I will say the last two miles did feel rough. My legs were feeling the sting of the wind standing me up. My elapse time for the entire 14 miles was an hour and 34 minutes so I am pretty happy with the result. I am early in the process, and I am trying to build a strong foundation for a solid ’14 racing effort. I feel these are good first steps.

Sharing one thought at a time,

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts