10,000 Consective Daily Runs



The date was October 19th, 1986, and my college dormitory was rather quiet for a Saturday night. A few hours earlier, I had returned from a local road race at Pipestem State Park. Little did I know on this very evening that I would make a decision which would alter the rest of my life. This was not a decision that was earth shattering or that changed the course of human history. I wanted to be a better runner. Running more seemed like the logical way to become this better runner. As I pondered how to accomplish this desire, the same thought kept coming back over and over again. I needed to run every day through the flu, the sickness, the heat, the cold, the rain, the sleet, the snow, the ice, and the injuries. Basically, I set forth on a plan of action to adapt and overcome any obstacle that stood in my way of becoming a better runner.
Well, the years went by and I never thought much about my daily runs. Running became like breathing for me. I just did it and went on with the rest of my day.
For lack of any better reason, this is still the premise that pushes me out the door each and every day. I want to be the best possible runner that I can be.
Recently, I begin to wonder how many days were in my current daily running streak.
On March 5th at 6:30 PM at the Triple C Brewery, I would like to invite everyone to run with me on my 10,000 day of continuous daily runs. The pace will be easy as I want to enjoy the moment and share it with my running friends.


Run with me, 

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts