Frank Shorter Shorts

Any time, I see an NBA video from the 80s; the first thing that jumps out to me is how short the shorts are compared to today’s NBA players. The inseam couldn’t have been more than 7 or 8 inches. Today, NBA players wear shorts that hang nearly down to their knees.

The same can be said for runners from the '80s. Trends and styles have changed so much. Finding the short, hip split shorts for runners is nearly impossible for a runner like me. Most of my daily running shorts cover nearly half my thigh. Luckily, I have run for a long time and I have several pairs from yester years in my collection so I keep them for race day.

What bring me to this topic? Well, during the Thunder Road Marathon Expo, I was checking out the different venders and stumbled across a pair Frank Shorter shorts. They were the "throwback" style shorts with the split running nearly the the hip. They had been $36 dollars but Run For Your Life had marked down 50%.

I checked the size, and they were perfect for me so I snatched them up.

This week, I finally got around to running in them. The feel was awesome. There is something about the high cut split hip that just makes my legs feel like they are moving faster.

I don’t know about the rest of the world, but I want them to bring this style back and keep them around permanently.

If you get a chance, search Google for the details on them and try a pair. See if they don’t make your legs feel like they are just moving faster.

 

Sharing one thought at time,

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts