Experia Crew Running Socks

The guys at Thorlo were kind enough to send me a pair of their Experia Crew Running Socks. I have been wearing them regularly for several weeks now – yes, I have been washing them between each wearing. Before writing about them, I wanted to make sure that I tried them out both running and cycling. This way, I used them in different shoes, in different conditions both inside and out.

The socks have a nice feel to them. They don’t have the same level of padding that my normal mini crew Thorlo socks have, and this is something that I would really like to see Thorlo create. For general running, the mini crews are great. However, when I am racing, I would like to have extra cushioning in mid foot and heel that come with the mini crew. But I would like it with cut that the Experia have. My reasoning orginiates in the make up of most racing flats. Most racing shoes are about as minimalistic as possible when it comes to the sole of the shoe.  My older feet don't the extra pounding.

As for the crew style of sock, if I had my preference, I would select Thorlo’s over the calf version rather than the crew version. I always like the entire calf being covered. This is for two reasons. First, the cover the calf version gives me "near" compression feel. Second, of the shape of my calves, the crew style tends to slip down which is annoying during a run.

One thing will say about Thorlo, they have a multitude of colors for the Experia. For some unknown reason, I like have different color socks. Don’t ask me why? I just do.

Anyway, if you get a chance, check them out. If you are looking for a nice sock for racing or tempo runs, the Experia Brand is a great fit it. I use the Experia Bran for anything less than a half marathon.

 

Happy Holidays

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts