What’s next?

Seven days have passed since my marathon. My physical recovery is going well but mentally, I am just don't feel ready to hit the roads hard yet. I guess this is to be expected. Months of long runs, tempos, and speed work would leave most people feeling that they mentally need a break for a while. Usually, I find that bounce back mentally pretty fast.

At the moment this is not happening for me.

I think part of the reason; I just didn't give myself any post marathon goals. I need goals. I need objectives. I need something dangling just out of my reach to keep me coming back.

Motivation comes from goals. When I don't set them, I tend to meander along through life until a goal gets defined for me.

For now, I have some in mind but nothing is carved in stone as yet.


 

Sharing on thought at time,

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts