“Under the weather” 10 x 800

This morning I went to the track for my workout – 10 x 800. I was hesitating to do the workout since I have been "under the weather" for the last several days. I felt this cold coming on last Thursday. Colds are the worst. I feel it in my back and shoulders. Maybe the worst is being "zapped" of energy. I could tell with my first interval this morning that I didn't have it. Throw on top of it; I have been taking this night time cold medicine. I sleep well but it leaves me feeling very lethargic during the day.

Marathon dates don't slide because I am sick so I have to just "suck" it up.

The first 800, I clipped off in 2:48. This was followed by a string of 2:45s and 2:44s.

All in all, this was not a total awful workout. Give me a few more days to get back to full strength. I can see myself repeating this workout maybe 10 days out from my marathon.


 

Sharing one thought at time,

The Cool Down Runner


 

 

Comments

Popular Posts