The Scream – thoughts on it

The Scream half marathon goes off at 8 AM tomorrow morning. More than a few people have been eyeing this summer time half marathon as a chance to run a PR (Personal Record). Wondering why so many people think they can PR on this course? Well, these people might be thinking about how they can take advantage of the fact that the elevation drops 2000 ft between the start and finish. That's definitely a lot of downhill and more than one runner that I have talked to thinks they can run very fast on it.

I have never run the course so I cannot speak to the course personally. I have heard that it has a couple of miles of pavement followed by many miles of gravel road. The other interesting tidbit that I have heard is that there is a hill hidden somewhere in the middle of the course.

This is an interesting tidbit because there is no observable upraise in the elevation profile.

My game for plan for the race is to settle in for a few miles. Depending on how the legs feel, I may just try to hold that pace but if they are feeling good, I will try to pick it up and work the downhill.

My legs don't feel great very often so if I cruise in around 1:20, I will be very happy.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner


 


 

Comments

Popular Posts