10 x 200 meters

As I get older, I find that I like to ease into things slowly. I get up at least an hour before I go run. I always try to arrive at least an hour before my race starts. All of my runs start slow and let me my body come up to speed before trying to run hard.

The same can be said for my training plans. I don't jump right into fast, hard intervals. Instead, I slowly work up the intensity.

This morning I was out doing 10 x 200 with 200 meter recoveries on the track. Using this 200 meter workout for a few weeks will help my legs adjust to greater workout with more intensity. Around the first of August, I start to throw in some hill workouts as the next step in the progress.

September, the long intervals will make their way into my workouts.

October will find a continuation of the long intervals but also a mixture of short intervals – 400 and 800.

My hope is that this will all culminate with another good effort at OBX.

As with anything, only time will tell.


 


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts