Running on Hilton Head Island

Many years had passed since my last visit but the Hilton Head Island beaches were still nice and the water warm. Even on vacation running still has to be done. This means that my days usually followed a schedule of a run, then breakfast, and then off to the beach for hours of boarding, castle building, cycling (think beach bikes – not road bikes), and swimming. Intermixed was time spent eating lunch and dinner. Usually breakfast and lunch were at the hotel while we always went out for dinner. In fact, I was spent so much time in the water that by Sunday afternoon my shoulders were sore. No, it wasn't the sun, but from the swimming and digging in the sand. Thankfully, each evening was spent in the hot tub watching the waves roll into the shore. Relaxing (down time) is something everyone needs from time to time.

Hilton Head Island provides miles and miles of paved bike pathway that I found great for exploring. Each morning I went out the hotel door and picked a new direction to run. The best part was that there were no hills in sight. Just miles and miles of flat pathways provide a way to recovery for extremely tired legs. My only regret was in not having enough time to explore all of the path ways.

Oh, the one thing that I missed doing was getting a massage. They have massage tables setup outside so you can see the beach and feel the breeze. Maybe next time, I will put this on my to-do list. Could anything be more relaxing than a massage on the beach?


 


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner


 


 


 

Comments

Popular Posts