Uwharrie Club Social

A couple of weeks ago, I got my Uwharrie Running Club email concerning their Ice Cream Social. See each year; they have an ice cream social and pool party at the Piney Point Country Club in Norwood.

Somewhere doing those intervening weeks, I mentioned it to my daughters so it was a lock that we were going. My daughters enjoy for one reason and one reason only, the club has a diving board. This is something that is hard to come by in the Charlotte area. I lost count of how many times that they jumped off and not to be out done, I took my turn jumping off as well. I was probably the only adult to do it. But I only did it a few times. Old bodies don't hit the water quite as easily as younger bodies but it was still fun to do.

Their Club socials usually flow along these lines. We gather about 6:30 for a little group run around the golf course and then head down to the pool for the ice cream social and swimming. I joined John and Rick for the run and caught up with Peter, Sharon among others later at the pool. Ice Cream, chips, soda, plus watermelon were shared by all. Then after some swimming, we hung out by the pool talked running while sharing our running stories.

Definitely, we had a fun evening. I am just sorry that I didn't snap any pictures. Next time, I will for sure.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts