Legs improving

Sunday my legs were pretty stiff but were not all that sore. Monday morning I woke to found my legs went from stiff to major sore.

Going out for my run was more of a test in pain tolerance than a recovery run. When I finished, I was having some serious doubts about my ability to participate in the Summer Track Meet this week. The idea of not getting to run was a major bummer. I really enjoy the atmosphere surrounding our track meets.

This morning I woke to find my legs were feeling slightly better. My spirits were definitely improved by the lessening of the soreness

Usually, my schedule is for an easy 4 mile shake out run in the morning and then head down to the track in the evening for the meet. However, this week maybe the better option for me would be to skip the easy run and just head for the track. My legs still have that marathon soreness but with no running until this evening maybe they will at least allow me to jump in a couple of the miles.

Keep your fingers crossed for me.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts