Liquid Bandages for Runners


Life takes us down some strange and mysterious paths that we never really think about until it actually happens to us. In this case, I hobbled away from the OBX marathon with some rather bad blisters on both feet.

Not running was never really an option. So the next best option is how I can continue to run. This is where the liquid bandage comes into the picture.

Normally, I would cover it was a normal bandage, but putting a bandage across the bottom my foot would only make my blisters worse and then pulling off the bandage would be very painful.

Liquid Bandages handles the problem quite nicely. I applied it to both feet and it seems to work well. The pain is still there but the at least I am not making the blisters worse.

The liquid bandage acts a lot like glue. Reminding me of when I was a child and used Model car glue. It smells similar and acts similar.

It takes a few minutes to dry so I cannot just put it on and then put on my socks. The bandage will stick to both my foot and my sock. Certainly, it is not the ideal situation.

Blisters are such a common occurrence for runners that I thought others would be interested in trying a liquid bandage option.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner


 


 


 


 


 

Comments

Popular Posts