Just 4 more days

OBX is just 4 more days away. 4 days before Twin Cities, I was worried if my legs would have the mojo. I felt like I was under trained entering that marathon.

Funny, now I find myself again worried about my legs having the race mojo, but the worry comes from the opposite side of the picture.

With only 6 weeks between marathons and a ton of work completed, my legs don't feel great but they don't feel bad. I have had some excellent workouts over the last 6 week which points to being in good shape.

But we all know that feeling good during the first 13 miles is important, but it is the 2nd 13 miles of back to back ½ marathons that dictates if your race is a success.

My gut tells me; I will not find out until I am actually somewhere between miles 15 and 22 on Sunday. I mean; doesn't it sound funny just to say that you have to run a little over an hour and half just to find out if you are having a good day. There is no other sport aside from maybe car racing where after hours of feeling good your entire day can just tank at a moment's notice.

Buy enough talk of tanking and lack of mojo. My game plan is exactly the same as the last three years. I want to survive the 5k nature section and get myself over the bridge.

Then, I can hang out in Manteo and enjoy the day before driving home.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Brandon said…
I am running OBX as well. Any advice you can give me about the course?

Popular Posts