The hours are counting down one more time.

Setting here watching the sun start to settle over the Outer Banks, there are only a few hours left before I attempt my 9th marathon.

No. 9, by some accounts that is not a lot of marathons, but for me, I never expected to do another one after I finished my 2nd marathon and could barely walk.

I have my fingers crossed that I have at least adequately prepared for this one.

Ok, other news and notes, I was tracking Paul, Aaron, and Jay this morning. I don't know if the wind was blowing as hard in Richmond as it was here in Kill Devil Hills, but if it was, these guys had one ugly head wind.

I saw on facebook that Jay said that stomach was not cooperating. I know what he was saying I have been in those situations and it almost never leads to a good time.

But wind or not, these guys crushed it. They all ran fantastic times. Paul looked like he took it out easy and then closed strong with a 2:35. Jay crossed the line in 2:41 and Aaron crossed in 2:42. An interesting note on Aaron, he was shooting to run at least 1 second faster than I did at Twin Cities. Now, the shoe is on the other foot. He set the bar with a time just over 2:42 so I have to try and run 1 second faster.

My preparation is complete. This morning I was running a short 4 miler on the Nags Head Trail and followed it with a Tabata workout.

From there, I made another stop by Expo. There were a few last minute items that I needed to get. Then, I was off to grab some pasta for lunch, and finally a short walk along the beach before heading back to the room to rest. The temperature is in the 50s but with the wind blowing, body feels downright cold when I am standing outside.

But the positive, the wind is blowing out the North. Based on the weather man, the wind will be blowing out of the north tomorrow. So maybe for the first time in 3 years, I will finally get that tailwind.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner


 


 

Comments

Popular Posts