In need of a new marathon racing shoe

Okay, the Brooks Silence racing flat for a marathon is going on the shelf at least as far as I am concerned. At the Tobacco Road marathon, there were a couple of small blisters on my feet. Then, after Twin Cities, my blisters were a little worse. OBX brought a whole new level of blisters to my feet in my opinion. They were bigger and uglier. One of them reached the point that it burst during the race. Actually, this may have been a good thing because it hurt less afterwards.

Honestly, I wish I knew why it happened? I mean I take all of the proper precautions. What is really strange, I used the same pair of Brook Silence for all 3 races.

After the first race, I chalked up the blisters to my failure to break them in properly.

But before Twin Cities, I did 3 different tempo runs in them. In none of these runs did I experience any issues. However, come race day the ugliness happened.

And, I ruled it out being socks or the glide. I have used the same race socks for the last 5 marathons. And, well, glide is glide. The only note worthy item is that in the first two marathons of the last 5, I had no issues, but I used a different pair of shoes.

I guess this also means that the new pair of Brooks Silence setting in my closet will get kicked down for short training tempo runs.

As a side note, I am going to miss people calling out from the sidelines that they like my shoes.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts