What is on my mind today

The legs and body are starting to feel much better these days. That being the case, now begins the training and racing.

I am heading to the Shamrock Marathon in March to try for another sub 2:40. But in the meantime, I will be passing the time by running a couple of local races.

Near Burlington, NC is the Run the Rock 14 mile Trail race. I have never done this race so it is should be a lot of fun. That's this weekend.

In late Janurary, Peter @ Vac & Dash pulls a group together to run what he affectionly calls the Idiot Run. This is a run to the top of Morrow Mt and back to the Albermarle Y. Last year, I measured the course to be about 19.6. The run started at 5 am and I was finished by 7:30 AM.

Note, to anyone doing this you. You should wear reflective clothing and take a head lamp. Morrow Mt. is dark at 6 AM on a January morning.

Then, in Feburary I am running in the Uwharrie 20 miler. I thought about opting for the 8 miler, but I needed a long run for the weekend so picking up a tough 20 miler sounded right. And I am going to pass on the Ultras for a while so running the 40 miler never entered my mind.

Depending on the weekend, I may do the Shamrock 4 miler here in Charlotte. I really hoping to make the marathon my first road race of the new year. But as you can probably tell, I am flip floping. Then there is the RFYL GP series. Running the entire GP series was really tiring this year, so I am not sure that I am up for running it two years in a row.

Comments

Popular Posts