Christmas comes early for me

This year Christmas came early for me. Back in November I had finished 4th in the Run For Your Life GP series. For my efforts, I got this nice little gift card. It was not a huge amount but these days every little bit helps.

Well, yesterday I made it by the Run For Your Life Store to redeem it.

First, I went shoe shopping and picked out a nice pair of NB 1224. These are newest the line and if they are anything like the 1223 shoe, I know that I will love them. I picked up a pair of 1223 for my marathon training last spring. Every time that I put on these shoes, I just felt like running fast. So, I can wait to start my marathon training in '09.

After settling on the 1224, it was time for some clothes shopping. Now, if you asked me to pick matching pants, shirts, and sweaters, I would not have a clue. But ask me to pick matching tights, tops, and shorts and suddenly I am mister color coordinated. But then, running clothes are much easier to match up when the base color is black. :)

After going through the tops and tights, I settled on 2 pair of NB running tights - solid black with only a NB logo on one leg. I am pretty sure it will match with anything in my running wardrobe. :)

I had heard Cody talking about these new Mizuno gloves and hats. The materials are able to extract heat from the moisture coming from the body and use it to keep the skin warm. They are little on the expensive side, but I decided it was worth splurging. I picked up 1 pair of gloves and 1 hat. I will let you know if the actually work.

With everything hand, I headed for the register. I ended up being just a few dollars over but I reasoned that it was okay. After all Christmas only comes once per year.

Comments

Popular Posts