Rain, rain, rain

I was looking out my front door, and I was seeing something that I very much did not like. Rain was coming down. Not just coming down but coming down in buckets. So much so that streams of water flowed along the ground on each side of my house.

Days like this make me question my commitment to running everyday. Life would be so much easier if I just ran on the nice days. Of course, anyone can run on the nice days. Going out the door on the days that are not so nice just reminds me that I prefer to take the road less traveled.

Traveling this road means life is full of ordinary adventures that most others miss out. I gain experiences and learned things about myself  that I would have missed if I not pushed out that door.

So the next time the rain is coming down hard or the snow is covering the ground don't use it as an excuse to stay inside. Rather use it as an opportunity to create your own adventure. An adventure worth sharing with your friends.

Kickin' up trail dust,

The Cool Down Runner


Comments

Popular Posts