Y gets new machines

For the last couple of weeks they have been telling us about the new cardio machines coming to the University Y or for those new here, the Keith Family Y. They renamed it a few years ago. I still call it the University Y much like I still use the Central or Dowd Y.

Today, those machines arrived. There were new Precore tread mills, LifeStyle ellipticals, and several other machines vendors that I am not familiar.

I was very impressed. If I understood them correctly, they spent close to $140 thousand dollars on this new equipment.

After I finished my normal workout this evening, I spent some time machine hoping. Most of the machines now have internet or tv access and some have both. Nearly all can be used via a guest account or by establishing a profile. I was a little disappointed that I had to create an account on each machine, and my info didn't follow me from machine to machine. However, they will still working out the network issues so I could not establish an account on any of the machines today.

They have this one machine which simulates roller blading. I spent about 5 minutes on it, and my inter thighs was burning so was my glute. When I stepped of it, this woman came up to me and said that she didn't last much longer. I agreed, and at the same time I was already thinking about adding this in to my routine. I go by the old adage that if it burns, I must be doing something right.

For those with a Y membership, definitely stop by the University Y. I don't think that anyone will be disappointed.

Kickin up trail dust,

The Cool Down Runner 

Comments

Popular Posts