Wolf pack


Today, I was putting in some miles at the Whitewater Center when I ran into Richard and his wolf pack. Last that I saw Richard was at his 50k race in Belmont. Richard is always over the top with enthusiasm. I am so jealous. We should all have such a high for running.

He is still after me to run one of his races at Kings Mt. next weekend. I had to politely decline once again. I have no plans to run much over a 10k for a while. Still, I might venture down if I can break away from other tasks and help with his race. Having put on a few races myself, I know what it means to have a few extra hands.

I am just happy that my legs are starting to return to normal. Three weeks ago, I ran this course in a little over 3 hours. Last week, I was under 3 hours. This week, I pushed under two hours and 50 minutes. Felt really good to be able to cruise along the trails.

The trails are a great way to break away from the hustle and bustle of holiday season. A few hours of solitude makes a world of difference.

Kickin’ up the trail dust

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts