The "Offer Me" List

Next weekend, I will running the Tunnel Hill 100 miler. As with most runners at the 50 or 100 mile distance,they often has someone crewing them doing the race. My daughter has agreed to fill this role from my first 100.

I am extremely grateful that she signed on to do this. This gives me something to not only look forward to at each aid station, but someone watching and pushing me along that I don't want to disappoint. 

On the bonus side, I don't have to worry about any logistics, and I can focus totally on running.

To help her, I created a notebook with all the information that I think and more likely hope that she will need. I included everything from directions to aid station to what foods and drinks that I want at each aid station.

I also created what I am calling the "Offer Me" list. First, she is not a runner so she doesn't necessarily have a runner's mind and might not think of what a runner might need. On the other side, I am going to be pretty tired, and I probably not going to be thinking of everything that I am going to need.

This way, I have planned ahead for what I might potentially need. All she has to do is run down the list and off me those things at each aid station. I am sure that there will some give and take here. After the first couple of aid stations, she get a pretty good sense of what I will be needing. From then, we should be good.

I don't know if other runners do this for their crews. Likely some do. But having a list to guide the crew to what the runner needs can only help all involved.

Something to keep in mind.

Kickin' up trail dust.

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts