Hoka Evo Carbon Rocket


What will be my shoe of choice for my 100 miler on Saturday? Well, my shoe will be the Hoka Evo Carbon Rocket. I bought my first pair back in the summer for a couple of races. Since my Hoka Tracers were on their way out the door for racing, I needed a replacement. In comes the Carbon Rockets. They broke in rather easily.

I bought my 2nd pair this fall and wore them during my New River 50k. I wore them again during the WWC 50 miler. Between the 50k and 50 miler, I replaced the laces with Yanks. I like the stretchy strings, and as a plus, I don’t have to worry about tying them. The one drawback to using Yanks, I did not get my heel settled securely so my ankles rolled a bit more during the 50 miler than I would have otherwise liked.

I will not have that issue at Tunnel Hill with the entire course being on a rails to trails greenway. Once I get them on, I will not take them off until I have crossed the finish line.

One other thought that crossed my mind earlier today, I will have worn these shoes for only 3 races and will have over 180 miles on them. I do not know about anyone else but this is definitely a record for me.

Wish my luck on my latest adventure. I am going to need all the luck that I can get this weekend.

Kickin’ up trail dust

The Cool Down Runner






Comments

Popular Posts