Retiring my Hoka Tracer


The perfect running shoe is worth its weight in gold to a runner. That’s what the Hoka Tracer has been for me. For the last few years, I have raced in my Hoka Tracer shoes in everything from 5k to 50 miles. In each and every case, this shoe has always served me well. Even on days when I soaked it in water and covered it in mud, it never let me down. I have even used it in the snow one year.

I realized its retirement moment arrived this weekend. After I finished the Wild Vine 1/2, I was walking back to my car when I noticed a rip in the shoe along the inside arch. I don’t know if it was just wear and tear of racing or perhaps, I caught the edge of a rock. Either way, its racing days are over. I don’t want to risk a total separation of the upper from the lower.

What makes this moment even sadder, Hoka decided a year or two ago to drop the Tracer from its shoe line. When I heard this, I was really disappointed but yesterday, it finally it home that never again would I race in Tracers.

Now, I guess I am back to searching for its replacement.

Suggestions are welcome.

Kickin’ up trail dust

The Cool Down Runner


Comments

Popular Posts