WWC Series Meeting



On Tuesday night, I got the chance to attend the Whitewater Center’s race series meeting. Jenn and Jenny, yes, the two women leading the Whitewater Center race series have nearly the same name, asked a group of us that frequent the center’s events to provide some perspective on the ’18 events and to listen in on the events that they have planned for ’19.

Having been on the race director side fence more than a few times, I can identify with some of the issues that they have encountered. I can also speak to the eminence satisfaction that comes with putting on a well-run event.

Their enthusiasm for what they have planned for the ’19 spread throughout the group. I found myself thinking ahead to how I might get even more of their events on my race calendar.

One of the events that jumps out is their Tuck Fest weekend. Events start on Thursday and run through Sunday. Runners get a chance to do races at night, twice day on a week day, and both Saturday and Sunday. Think of it like a mini version of the Disney Dopey Challenge.

If you get a chance, definitely check out their race schedule for ‘19. If you have not already done so, their Santa 5k Trail run is just over a week away. Registration is still open

Happy Trails


The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts