Santa, We believe 5k Trail race

For the 2nd straight year, I finished up my racing season at the US Whitewater Center's Santa, We believe 5k trail race.

This year the course was a bit different and had a lot more water on the trail. I spent a lot of time slipping and sliding along the way to a 6th place finish in a time of 21 minutes. I didn't fall down but it was not for a lack of trying. More than a few runners were not so lucky. They crossed the finish line with a rear covered mud.

Going in to this race, I knew I was going to be out of shape, and I was a bit worried about my hamstring. Racing doesn't do it any favors, and the slippery conditions are not exactly ideal for a weak hamstring. Luckily, I came through with no issues. In a few weeks, I should be back to my regular miles and soon - crossing fingers - long runs.

Felt good finishing up my season.

Now, rest for next two weeks.

Happy holidays to all of you.

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts