Stepping over the edge,



So last Sunday, I went for my run. Other than being tired from the Derby 50k, I didn’t notice anything special during the run. Monday, I headed out for my run, and my hamstring wasn’t having any of it. I had to break off my run after just a few miles.

Tuesday, my run wasn’t much better. Neither was my run on Wednesday or Thursday. I was feeling a bit sorry for myself on Friday. I was back and forth on whether I was going to the Y for a workout. I hadn’t been all week. At the last possible second, I forced myself out the door.

The workout was just what I needed to shake me out of my funk. After the workout, I was back home icing my hamstring. Also, I had pulled out my 2XU compression shorts to help. I hadn’t worn them in the last couple of years. Now, wearing them felt like the right thing to do.

Sunday, my hamstring felt much better. I can feel the weakness while running, and there is still a sore spot to the touch.

I kept my mileage down in the meantime.

Too often, I have pushed through the pain. This resulted in my hamstring pain dragging out for months. Hopefully, I am learning from my mistakes.but each day is a new test.

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts