August WWC River Jam 10K 4th Edition



Second Thursday of the month means I am heading out to the WWC for their River Jam 10k. Conditions were definitely warm and humid, but nothing like what we saw during July.

Warming up I was feeling sluggish but the start of the race spurred my legs to run a little faster. Andrew was 5 guys in front of me leading our little group when we entered the trail. For me, this is the always the most stressful part of the race. Everyone is grouped up so its hard to find a steady pace.

Working by each one as I could, I got to Andrew in the second mile, and I encouraged him to latch on. Something he usually does and then comes back to beat me.

Over the next couple of miles, I caught a few guys but my legs grew heavy during the last couple of miles. A couple of guys having strong days closed up and moved passed me.

I thought that I might be able to run them down once we were clear of the woods, but those younger legs prevailed.

I finished in 46:46 and 7th overall. This was much better than my July race and was on par with my May and June races. I am pretty happy with the result as my training continues to evolve in preparation for this fall.

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts