2016 Year end recap

2016 started off well. I ran decently at the Frosty 50 – 25k race. I did a decent race at the Cupids Cup 5k, and then similarly at the 10 miler in south Charlotte. I’ll set the trail races at the White Water aside because, well because I have never been a great trail racer but I enjoy the running on the trails. I guess that explains why I keep going back to them.

Then, I ran 2:52 at the Wrightsville Beach Marathon. While it was not one my better races, it was still a solid race effort for me.

Then, it seems that from this point onward throughout the rest of the year, I never really found my groove. Yeah, I raced some different races but I seemed to be aimlessly moving forward with no real objective in mind.

By July, I was working through what I thought at the time was another hamstring injury but would turn out to be tendentious in my hip. I was doing the wrong treatments which just prolonged my recovery.

The rest of the year just seemed to be a march forward in frustration.

After the Marshall Marathon, I cut back my mileage and pretty much ran how I felt for the rest of the year.

The more one trains for something. The more mental effort allocated to a reaching a goal. The more body as well as the mind needs a recovery period. Having goals is a good thing, but they cannot be stacked one right after the other. Eventually, the mind burns out and the body wears down, and a recovery period is forced upon me rather than scheduled in to my overall training plan as it should be.

Whether this all makes sense or not only time will tell.  

 

Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts