The Itch


After being absent from Y for nearly 4 weeks, yesterday’s visit felt kind of nice. As I ready for a big race, I have to curtail my YMCA cross training activities. Otherwise, my race day effort becomes more of training run than race.

Then, after my race, my body and more than anything my brain needs some additional down time.

Then, once the itch starts to return, it is time to head back.

Yesterday evening’s workout was pretty simple - 30 minutes on the Stair Master which was followed by an hour covering a complete weight training circuit. I even added a few new machines. Every training cycle I change things up a bit. I have to do something new and different just to keep things interesting.

But also getting back helps me feel like some normalcy has returned.

After a few weeks I have my groove back. LOL.

 

The Cool Down Runner

 

Comments

Popular Posts