Evening Tether Practice Run


Thursday started off what would be a busy three day stretch for me. After a full day of work, I headed up the street to Charlotte Running Company's new store at Northlake for our tether team practice run.

I scheduled our first practice one in the evening and that was back in early October when the temperatures were better and there was still plenty of sunlight. The last three practice runs were on the weekend during the afternoon. The afternoon runs worked out pretty well and were much safer.

However, there were a few that asked about another evening practice run so when Charlotte Running Company said that they were willing to host a run, I put out the word.

We met up at 6:30 PM at their store. I had a smaller crowd of runners given the cold and drizzle that was settling over Charlotte.

We made two loops around Perimeter Woods business park. All of it was on the sidewalks and most of it was pretty well light. Several of us had head lamps which also helped.

2 miles complete and no falls. I counted this as a good practice run.

I would like to thank the Charlotte Running Company for hosting our practice run and for the refreshments afterwards.
Also, I would like to thank the runners for coming out. I know after a difficult work day driving to Northlake for a run isn't easy so I want to personally say "Thank You" for your efforts.

For those asking, there is a good chance that I will schedule one more practice run. If indeed this happens, our run will cover the majority of the course and will be on the first Saturday in December. We will most likely start from Jason Deli. Starting here we don’t have to cross rt. 73 which is safer when I have bunch of people bungeed corded together. Let me see if I can work something out.

Keep an eye on our Facebook page for updates.

Sharing one thought at time,

The Cool Down Runner

 

Comments

Popular Posts