Just a little sluggishness


Lately, sluggishness seems to have taken over my legs. Could it be to due to all of this oppressive heat and humidity having over Charlotte? Could my body just being tired from my weekly mileage. More likely, I am experiencing the same phenominom that race car drivers experience while leading late in a race. Every noise that car makes leaves the driver wondering if his day is just about over.  

There is just now way to be sure.

Sunday morning, I will strap on my racing flats and make my way over a 26 mile course. If the weather man is right, we will be racing under some rather warm and humid conditions. I really long for those cool fall mornings. This Sunday drinking fluids every few miles will be a must along the course. I learned my lesson about hydration and heat at the Hatfield and McCoy Marathon. The temperature was 92 degrees on the sign next to the finish line. I still remember how badly that I felt that day. No way do I want to repeat it.

Wish me luck, 

Sharing one thought at time,

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts