Yoga

Last night I did my first Yoga session ever. I known and understood what Yoga is for a long time, but watching them twist their bodies into the shape of a pretzel, well, I never figured it was for me. I had pretty much accepted the fact that my muscles were more like steel than liquorish. They only bent a little and anything further, they would break.

After our TrySports group run, Stan, Kent, Paul, Chris, Billy and I headed back to where Carolyn and Kasey were teaching our Yoga for Runners class. Kasey was a newly minted Yoga instructor and would be leading our class.

I was really amazed by how much flexibility they had. They made it looks so easy. Paul and I were talking about it and he told me that I made running "20 miles" look easy. I never thought about it that way. I know how much work goes into being able run 20 miles. The same I am sure can be said for them doing these Yoga poses as well.

I did all of the poses but that is all I will say. Thirty years of running creates some pretty tight muscles. A few Yoga poses are not going to do much to wash it away.

However, I will admit that afterwards I did feel better for a couple of reasons.

The post run stretching left me feeling much looser later in the evening and this morning during my run. But the thing that I think really made me feel better was the focus on my breathing and focusing on trying to relax. My world is filled with a little too much tension and stress. The breathing techniques just made me feel a little more relax. Relaxing is something that I really need.

After the class Kasey and Carolyn were telling us about the hot Yoga classes. I would like to try one of those classes. Trying something different is good right.

Kasey and Carolyn will be teaching another class next Thursday night. I am going to try it out. If you are in the area of the South Park TrySports around 7pm next Thursday night, come on in and check it out.


 

Sharing on thought at time,

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts