6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 workout

Seemly an eternity has passed since the clouds last parted over Charlotte and the rays of sunlight came roaring through. Personally, I am glad to have the sun back shining brightly again. Those dark clouds seem to make life so depressing and then to have the buckets of cold rain falling. I don't know. I guess I am ready for some warm days to be here.

Anyway, this morning was nice but it was just a little cold. This was also a nice morning for runners. I like being a little chilly at the start. This means once I am rolling, I am fine. Today, I headed out for my regular weekly speed session. This workout was a fartlek ladder workout: 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 with a 1 minute recovery.

I have gotten tired of my usual routes so I have been branching out. My route today had some nasty hills but also included some nice flats. A workout like this one goes by pretty fast. A one minute recovery doesn't give me much time to recovery. More often than not, by the time my breathing catches up, I have maybe 10 to 15 seconds before I have to go again.

Mentally, I like the first three intervals but I really enjoy the last three intervals. Three minutes, two minutes, and then just one minute of running, they really fly by. Then, I am cruising back toward my house with a nice little two mile cool down.

The rest of the week, I am on to some recovery days and then, I will be off racing again this weekend.

Wish me luck.


 

Sharing one thought at time,

The Cool Down Runner


 

Comments

Popular Posts