Leg felt like junk all day yesterday

Everyone has days like this and my turn came up yesterday. My legs just felt like junk. Both legs were stiff and sore. More than anything, they were stilling feeling the effects of my Sunday long run.

What to do? Well, I limped, slogged, or whatever adjective that fits and still means I was emulating the motion running for 7 miles. Of course the effort was still enough that sweat beaded up on my forehead and combined to create enough perspiration for it to drip from my chin.

And this was before the thermometer hit 90s. With legs feeling so bad riding my bike was going to be option so my daughters and I headed for the pool. The water was cool, not ice cold, but it was definitely cool. Ah, this felt like just ticket.

Definitely, getting into water was tough. The transition into cold water is never easy. But after about 30 minutes my legs seemed to feel better.

I hope yesterday pool treatment was enough to shake them out of this funk and ready to run a decent mile at the track series tonight. Keep your fingers crossed for me.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts