Drymax Running Socks


What has it been? Maybe, it has been a month since I last posted a product review. I know it has been a while. Well, at the Biathlon a couple of weeks ago they threw a pair of DryMax socks into my Goodie bag. Never before had I worn or even heard of this particular DryMax brand.

With nothing invested, why not give them a chance?

I read through the materials. They have this 3D fit. I am not sure what this is all about, but it sounds good. They have an anti-blister system. Being a runner anything that is anti-blister perks my interest. They have cooler feet technology. With the temperature in the Charlotte area pushing into the mid-90s, having cool feet is a winner in my book. The last feature is anti odor control. This isn't a huge issue for me but still for some people I am sure it is big plus. Some people are always interested in the material used to make the socks. In this case, DryMax socks are composed of 48% Drymax Olefin, 36% Polyester, 10% Elastane, and 6% Nylon. Overall, they talk a good game.

Then, I took them for a run. No blisters occurred. The socks are much thinner than my usual Thorlo Socks. I tend to like the extra cushioning that the Thorlo provide but the DryMax ride wasn't bad. My workouts were neither long nor hard so there is still something testing that would need to occur for say an 18 mile run or perhaps a tempo run. Both workouts can push ones feet to the extreme.

The one drawback for me is the cost. Looking them up online, they run about $35 dollars per pair. I guess it all goes back to the quality vs. quantity debate. In this case, $35 might be a bit much for a Mini Crew pair of running socks.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts