Club XC Championships just a few hours away

I am packing up my race bag and getting ready to head out the door. I thought I might catch a little of the Thunder Road Marathon before heading across town Mc Alpine for our XC races.

Our race is going to be a lot of fun today.

I went by the Expo yesterday and picked up our team's race packet. It was very interesting how the USA T&F guys were doing things. There packet distributions process was very much different from the way the process was handled in Kentucky last year.

But none the less, I picked up our packets and shirts which I have already distributed one to David and will be catching up with Rocky, Matt, and Rich later this morning. Being team captain, I guess has at least one perk.

I got to coordinate the meeting place to hand out bibs and shirts. Perks are where you find them.

Thoughts on the Expo, it seemed larger than last year. Although, I was in early; there were already a number of runners mingling into the convention center to pick up their stuff. I image having both the Marathon and XC championships in the same weekend really helped.

There were a lot of venders and almost all were working very hard to sell their wares. I bought one thing a reflective shirt and hat. I will be posting more on it later when I get a chance to test wear them.

Back to the packing, I am not sure about racing flats or spikes today. I think I will take both and decided at the park. I haven't been in spikes since the last XC race so my legs should have had plenty of time to recover from that rugged experience.

For now, I just need to make sure that I am wearing my Charlotte Running Club singlet so they don't kick us out of the race for not being dressed exactly alike.


 

Happy Holidays from the Cool Down Runner

 

Comments

Popular Posts