Charlotte Running Club goes clubbing at the USA T&F XC Club Championship

Remember those days when you ran on your high school and/or college cross country teams. Remember how it felt to compete for something more than just you. Rarely, once we graduation to the open road running scene do we get a chance to run on teams. I can think of only two races in the Charlotte area that have team races: Skyline 5k and Twilight 5k. Maybe you could add the Blue Ridge Relay, but then relay races work a little differently. So maybe they don't count.

Well, this weekend a few of us hearty souls are returning to our youths and running as a team. The USA T&F XC Club Championship is coming to Charlotte, NC and our beloved Charlotte Running Club has three teams entered: Open Males, Open Females, and Masters Males.

Now, I know this is a busy weekend with the Thunder Road Marathon also taking place, but if you are crafty, you can catch a little of both.

Thunder Road kicks off early in the morning while the XC races go off around mid-day.

The Masters' Race goes off at 11:30 to run a 10k. The Open Women start off at 12:45 for a 6k. The Open Males kick things off at 1:30 for the last 10k of the day.

All XC races are originating on the Mc Alpine Greenway from the Main entrance off of Monroe Rd.

Last year, Ben and I took part in the races held in Lexington, KY. I have to say that it was great experience. I grew up a road racer so running XC is kind of like a foreign language to me. But I have to say it was a lot of fun. And, it was enough fun that I convinced a few my fellow masters' runners to join me on a team this year.

If you are interested in whose running:

Open Male Team: Lat, Matt, Jay, Mike, Chase, and John

Open Female Team: Alice, Kelly, Megan, Jocelyn, Jenna, and Stephanie.

Masters' Team: Rocky, David, Chuck, Matt, and myself.


 

If you get a chance, drop by Mc Alpine and check out the races.


 

Happy Holidays from the Cool Down Runner


 


 


 


 

 

Comments

Popular Posts