Ben wins the Alston+Bird LLP Corporate Cup 1/2 marathon

Our Team Message Board was light up today with the news that Ben had won the Alston+Bird LLP Corporate Cup 1/2 Marathon. Ben had been on the injury reserve list for most of last year.

However, I have been watching his running log and knew that his conditioning has been improving. In mid Feb, he ran a 26:40 ish time at the Winter Flight 8k. From reading his running log, he wasn't pushing.

Then today, I got word that he really blow out the pipes on a tough 1/2 marathon in 1:13:51. I know the course is tough from running it in previous years. If he been on a faster course, I think we would be talking about 1:11 or possibly 1:10.

What is really good about Ben's race is that it helps set the bar higher. Cody and Chris now have another person to push them to greater heights.

Now, what I would really like to see is the three of them go head to head to head on a fast course.

But best of all, these type of runs put the TrySports team at the top of the list for teams in Charlotte. I know of no other team that has this many fast runners.

For my part, I just need to brush of this ITB injury and show that I am worthy as well.

Good Running and Racing

Comments

Anonymous said…
Does the Try Sports team have a website, so us fans can keep track of who is on the team and how everyone is doing?

- Mystery Fan
Sure, you can find out more about the team at http://www.teamtrysports.com/

Or the store at http://www.trysports.com/

Popular Posts