River Jam 5kish - Sept '24 Edition

 The WWC River Jam Series season was thunder stormed shortened, and with the overcast skies yesterday, I was worried that it might happen again. 

Luck be on our side as the clouds were dark but nary a drop of rain fell. On the other hand, this did make for some very dark trails. Normally, I am looking 15 to 20 yards ahead when I am running on the trails. Lesser so at night with a head lamp, but I yesterday, I was working in the middle ground. The trails were dusky dark, yet I didn't have a head lamp. My eyes were glued to the 5 yards or so of the ground right in front of me. 

I felt for those running the 10k. I can only imagine what the backside of East Main must have been like. 

In case, you were wondering about my race. 

I felt that I got out well at the start but by the time that I reached the power lines over by Solam, I found myself not having the drive that I wanted. I need another gear which I just didn't have. I ended up chasing these 3 guys all the way to finish. 

All in all, this was a good race for me. I definitely loved the nice cool 70-degree temperature but seems like everyone else did as well.

Sadly, this was a wrap for the River Jam '24 Season. Thursdays will now be quiet for me until next May. 

The Cool Down Runner


Comments

Popular Posts