Visitor Center 2 Visitor Center Long Run - Round 2

 I was back on the Ridgeline trail for round 2 of my visitor center to visitor center long runs. Let's just say that I fared better this time.

The temperature and humidity were virtually the same. Maybe, it was a few degrees cooler but the difference between 100 and 103 is hard to tell.

I did cruise out a little easier this time, and when I turned around at King Mt., I put every drop possible in my CamelBak. I was drinking more and drinking more often. I noticed about 1/2 way back that I just felt so much better. I was climbing better. My legs didn't feel nearly as tired. 

When I got to the railroad ties section, I was nearly to the top before I had to start power hiking through the rocks. 

Then, after making the final climb back to Pinnacle to touch the rock once more, I headed back to the parking. This time, I was pushing on the downhill, and I felt good doing it. 

By my calculation, I ran about 15 minutes quicker coming back. This made me feel a lot better after what I considered a disaster run last week. But then, some days, I feel like I have it. Other days, I am just out there surviving. 

The Cool Down Runner 

Comments

Popular Posts